- Betty Maree Cortus
Poems: "Sea Creatures," "AESCHYNOMENE,"
The Hardy Review, Vol VI. 2003
Address: 7831 Rush Rose Drive, # Oak
- Independent Scholar
- Vice President, The Thomas Hardy
- 2003: "The Cycle of Regeneration:
Metamorphosis in Hardy's Poems." The
Hardy Review, Vol.
- 2000: "Subtextual Resonances in 'A
Sunday Morning Tragedy.'" Days to Recollect: Essays In Honor
of Robert Schweik,
ed. Rosemarie Morgan. New Haven: The Hardy
Assoc. Press (2000), 25-30.
- 1996: "'A Night of
Questionings': Shelleyan Chords and
Discords." Presentation, Thomas Hardy
Society Conference Symposium, UK. Published in The
Vol. I (1998) 58-64.
- 1998-2004: Intro, "Overview of the
- 1995: Lecture, "The Poems of Thomas
Hardy," AAUW, Ann
- Scholarly Sample: See
- " A Night of
- Betty Cortus is Director of TTHA's
- 1993: City Uni. of New York Graduate
- Dissertation: "Thomas Hardy:
Death and the Afterlife in the Poems."
- 1983 BA.
summa cum laude, University of Minnsota
- Teaching /
- 1996-2008: Mira Costa College, Oceanside,
California: Honorary Lecturer, Literature, in
LIFE (A Learning-In-Retirement Program).
- 1993-1995: Visiting Scholar, Uni. of
Michigan, Ann Arbor.
- 1990, 1991: Adjunct Prof..Eng.Norwalk Community